- Start early - Almost everyone has more stuff than they think they do, and almost no one leaves enough time to pack it.
- Licensing - Only consider movers that are licensed, bonded and insured.
- Only hire the best - If you choose to hire professional movers, do your research and hire good ones. Poor quality movers really can be worse than none at all.
- If you can afford full packing when moving, consider splitting the process into two days. The crew can come the first day for full packing and then move to your new location the next day. This provides a quick and easy move for you and your family, especially if you have kids.
You want your first day in your new home as smooth as possible, so consider full unpacking with the third day. It will make your life easier.
- If you decide to take on full packing by yourself, invest in quality packing materials. Flimsy boxes won't hold in the move, and it is especially important to make sure the bottom of the box is fully secure.
- Stacking - Stack boxes with the heaviest on the bottom, lightest on top to prevent crushing.
If you have any questions, please contact Horizon Moving
24/7 at (212)486-MOVE